Am I a Good Candidate for Hand Rejuvenation?
Many people care to use sunscreen on their face, slather on moisturizers and serums, and try anti-aging treatments like injectables to help maintain or regain a youthful appearance.
But the hands are often neglected, and their thin skin makes them likely to show signs of aging before your face does. Since the back of your hands hold very little fat, when collagen or elastin fibers break down, it’s more noticeable.
What is hand rejuvenation?
Hand rejuvenation refers to a variety of treatments that can restore your hands’ youthful appearance and smooth feel. Your doctor can talk to you about your particular concerns and goals and may recommend one or more treatments to help your hands look and feel their best.
Any of the following procedures may be recommended:
What are its benefits?
Hand rejuvenation offers the following benefits:
- Many options are available to address your specific needs
- One or more procedures can be used to customize your treatment
- It yields effective results that will make your hands look more youthful
- Veins will look less prominent
- Hands will feel smoother and look and feel fuller
- It complements other cosmetic procedures
- It can be done non-surgically
- You’ll have little or no downtime for some treatments
- It can improve self-confidence and eliminate self-consciousness about your hands
Who makes the best candidate for hand rejuvenation?
The best candidate will be in good health and have realistic expectations about the results that hand rejuvenation can achieve.
People with the following issues generally make good candidates for a hand rejuvenation procedure:
- Age spots
- Sun spots
- Bulging, protruding veins
- Bony-looking appearance
- Dry skin
- Thin skin
- Uneven skin tone
New York Center for Aesthetic Rejuvenation has experienced doctors who specialize in cosmetic laser treatment and aesthetic rejuvenation. We’ll design an effective treatment plan to fit your needs, making sure you understand all your options and have a realistic view of the results you can expect.
If you’d like to find out more about how hand rejuvenation can improve the appearance of your hands by restoring their youthful appearance, contact us today for a consultation with New York Center for Aesthetic Rejuvenation. Fill out the form on this page to request an appointment or call 718.301.5955 to learn more.