The Importance of a Good Skin Care Product Line
No matter what type of skin you have, good skin care is an important part of staying healthy and looking good. Your skin is your largest organ, and it’s the first line of defense in protecting your body. Your skin is a tough (but thin) protective shield that’s waterproof but still can absorb moisture. It’s soft, yet strong and for some, highly sensitive.
Why Good Skin Care Is Important
Taking care of your skin keeps it in tip-top shape, so it can better do the most important job it’s designed for - protecting your body. Another major benefit of good skin care is: the better your skin looks, the better you look.
Tips on Good Skin Care Methods
Keep your skin care methods simple, it increases the chances you’ll stick with them since they aren’t complicated or time-consuming.
- Find a good skin cleanser that’s compatible with your skin type.
- Cleansing too often can over-cleanse your skin. Wash your face before bed to remove any pore-clogging makeup and sunscreen. In the morning, splash lukewarm water on your face, or cleanse again if your skin is very oily.
- Never use hot or cold water as either can irritate your skin or cause broken capillaries. Lukewarm water is best.
- If you have dry skin, cleanse using a cold cream. Apply it and then wipe off, which avoids water completely.
- Your skin sheds skin cells constantly. If you don’t remove dead skin cells, the result is dull, unhealthy looking skin. Exfoliating removes the dead skin cells so healthy skin can shine through. How often you exfoliate depends on your skin.
- Gentle facial and body scrubs are great ways to remove dead skin. Exfoliate after cleansing but before moisturizing, as it helps to remove flaky skin by increasing skin cell turnover.
- Exfoliation builds up smoother skin and clears your pores.
- If you have dry skin, you’ll need to moisturize more frequently than someone who has oily skin.
- Invest in a good moisturizer that hydrates your skin and doesn’t clog pores.
- Your skin tells you how often it needs moisturizing - if skin feels tight, it needs a moisturizer. Don’t over-moisturize, it can clog pores.
Benefits of Quality Skin Care Products
Quality skin care products provide you with these benefits:
- Quality ingredients: Just like healthy food gives you better health, the ingredients in quality skin care products helps improve your skin.
- Environmental Protection: Our environments are filled with skin-damaging matter, such as pollution. Quality skin care products add a layer of protection against environmental factors.
- Anti-aging: Many quality skin care products contain ingredients that help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and sunspots.
- Results for the money: Some quality products can cost more, but they're worth the money. Ineffective products may cost less, but if they don't work well, you’re wasting money.
- Higher standards: Quality skin care products are made to higher standards, so they're more refined and contain fewer bacteria and impurities.
Avoid Bad Skin Care Products
- Cleansers: Bad skin cleansers are harsher because they’re created using a chemical process to clean skin, which can result in a loss of critical moisture leaving your skin rough, dry, and itchy.
- Exfoliation: Many low-quality skin exfoliators have sharp, unrefined pieces that can damage skin.
- Moisturizers: Many low-quality moisturizers have harsh ingredients like alcohol and formaldehyde, which can damage skin.
If you’re suffering from skin that's not looking or feeling its best, contact us today for a consultation with one of the expert physicians at the New York Center for Aesthetic Rejuvenation. We’ll assess your condition and set up a treatment plan to restore your skin to optimal health. Fill out the form on this page to request an appointment or call 718.301.5955 to learn more.